Loving your new coworking space but finding yourself getting distracted or unmotivated? Here are five tips to boost your productivity and stay focused.
- Create and keep a schedule. Keep a to-do list with deadlines and check them off as you complete them. Achieving goals, even small ones, feels great!
- Keep your work area tidy. You spend a large portion of your day here. Keep it clean, get rid of the debris and the clutter. Clearing your workspace helps to clear the mind and find focus.
- Don’t forget to take breaks. Focusing on a computer screen all day contributes to fatigue and loss of focus. Take breaks, walk around, get some fresh air. It’s like getting little recharges throughout the day and you can go back to work refreshed.
- Remove distractions. Got a deadline and need to focus? Clear the noise around you with headphones or earplugs. Turn off your social media notifications. Silence your mobile phone. If possible, position your chair facing away from other people’s workspaces and foot traffic.
- Connect with the coworkers around you. It can enhance creativity, ignite a new idea, solution, headline, etc. Collaborate and share. Think about why you may have opted for a coworking space in the first place. Many people find the isolation of working from home or away from other people can be very demotivating and stifles creativity and brainstorming.
We know there are probably many more than 5, but these tips will get you started in the right direction. More and more people are turning to the shared workspace environment instead of a traditional office setting and for many good reasons. Make the most of your time spent in your coworking space!
Looking for a coworking space to call your own? Contact us and take a tour!
Follow us on social media!